Thursday, January 1, 2009

Prayer for 2009

I can't predict the future, nor can I change the past. All we have is NOW. So many times the enemy robs us of our blessings, our joy, our peace...because we don't live in the moment. I tolerate most of the children's animated movies because I love my daughter, so we go together to pretty much every movie I feel is appropriate. I never dreamed I would have the Holy Spirit speak to me so clearly in one of these movies, but He did. In the move "Kung Fu Panda" one of the "wise" characters is teaching the bumbling Panda about this very theme. He used a wonderful saying, which I repeat to my daughter often: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow, a mystery. All we have is today--it is a gift. That's why it's called the "present." "
We heard a similar message at church right around the same time from Dr. Jimmy Evans--a powerful message about living for today. God has tomorrow in His loving grasp, so we don't need to worry. We should pray for our leaders, pray for spiritual revival, and mostly that 2009 will find us faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment